We are pleased to introduce the newest member of Ogawa Fisher Architects - Alex Chau. Alex is a recent Architecture graduate from the University of Hong Kong. He is looking forward to participating in all aspects of the design and construction of our projects.
In addition to his architecture background, Alex is an accomplished Double Bass musician. He started playing at the age of 7 and has performed in music festivals around Asia and worked with musicians from around the world. He is also an avid backpacker and traveler. Alex is passionate and enthusiastic and we are so excited to have him as part of our team.
Rosanna Jackson is our Director of Marketing and Operations. She has been working behind the scenes at Ogawa Fisher Architects since 2015. As the only person in the office without an architecture background, she provides a layman's perspective where charrettes, soffits and glazing are common terms. Over the next few months Rosanna will profile our projects here on the blog and tell their stories.
Prior to joining Ogawa Fisher Architects, Rosanna was the pesky friend who kept making suggestions for improving the firm’s marketing efforts. Bringing her onboard was a natural next step. Rosanna has 13 years of Marketing experience in the software and healthcare industries. Outside the office she’s a runner and baker.
We are looking for a full-time junior level designer. The ideal candidate is able to work on multiple projects with a team, ready to be an integral part of every phase of design and construction, and is willing to learn and grow into a more senior role within the firm.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Architecture
- 0-3 years experience in a design firm, preferably in residential design
- Ability to multi-task, work collaboratively, and have exceptional attention to detail
- Open and thoughtful communication and writing skills
- Have a positive and creative approach to design, work, and life
- Proficiency with CAD programs (ArchiCAD experience a plus), as well as Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- LEED AP is a plus, but not required
- We value passion and expertise in any discipline; we believe it enriches the design process and our office culture. Show us what you’ve got!
We offer a competitive compensation package that includes health insurance, paid time off, and retirement savings. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is a full time, on-site position.
We are currently studying diagrams at the office - this one of the Middlefield Road Residence is particularly sweet, because it shows the towering Coast Live Oak trees surrounding the property. The gray hatch in the courtyard is the discreet stair addition we added to reach the new second floor. The stair looks like this from the outside:
And from the inside, the second floor feels like a tree house among the oak trees:
The goal with a diagram is to convey the same idea as the experience of that space... It's a challenging but exciting exercise.